Emigration Clearance Not Required
The ECNR stands for Emigration Clearance Not Required.If somebody is travelling outside India for job purpose he is eligible for passport with ECNR stamp. However if he is travelling with other purpose than job he is can obtain passport with ECR stamp which stands for Emigration Clearance Required. The Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs allows ECR passport holders to travel outside India on providing ECR passport, visa and return ticket at the counter of emigration.
However a person does not require ECR stamp on his passport if he wants to visit the countries other than mentioned below.Those countries are as follow:
- The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA)
- United Arab Emirates (UAE)
The migration to these countries is either not allowed or provided on certain conditions especially for job emigrants. The rules spell caution to safe guard the interest of Indian Citizens.
Following passport applicants are exempted from ECNR:
- Gazetted Government servant.
- PAN card holder.
- Income tax payers. However they should provide the proof of assessment of income tax and actual payment of income tax of last 3 years in the series.
- All degree holders like M.B.B. S., B.A. M.S., B.U.M.S., C.A., B.E., Lecturers, Scientist, Teachers, Cost Accountants, Journalist.
- All SSC passed and degree holders.
- Seamen who are possess CDC or Sea cadets.
- Persons who have permanent migration visa of USA, UK and Australia.
- People migrated to abroad for more than 3 years.
- Nurses holding recognized qualification under Indian Nursing Council Act 1947.
- Persons of more than 50 years.
- All minors.
- Persons who holds two years diploma of institute recognized under National Council of Vocational Training or under State Council of Vocational Training.
- All the husbands/wives or children under 24 years age.
A person who wants ECNR stamp on his passport has to fill a miscellaneous application form (EAP 2). He can submit this form personally or through representative.
With this form he has to produce his passport with two Xerox copies of first four and last four pages of the same.
Attested two photocopies of proof to show the person is entitled for ECNR.
Rs.300/- as a fee of ECNR stamp. This fee can be paid through cash or bank draft. If it is payable through draft, then the draft should mention the name of applicant and application number of the same.